By Jennifer Matthew, Alaris Director of ADR Services
In light of the current requirement to physically distance ourselves from one another, parties are compelled to find alternative ways to conduct mediations. Alaris videoconferencing services offer a platform that works very well without the need for travel and most closely emulates the advantages that accompany traditional in-person mediation. Even using this non-traditional scenario, we remain steadfast in our commitment to provide confidentiality, reliability and positive results for our clients.
To further explain, we have outlined the top five benefits of using Alaris’ online mediation services:
- Safety - Given the current state of the world and overarching health concerns, online mediation is the safest option for conducting a mediation, keeping the parties socially distanced from one another. Further, emotions often run high between litigants, and online mediation ensures they will not see each other or be located in the same space.
- Convenience - A mediation online can be held anytime and anywhere with the appropriate internet access on a computer, tablet or smartphone. Barriers based on time zones or borders disappear as online mediation offers the flexibility of mediating with people located anywhere in the world, including the neutral.
- Cost effectiveness - There are no travel costs associated with an online mediation. This can save hundreds of dollars in airfare, car rental, meals and hotel stays.
- Comfort - Through videoconferencing, the parties can remain at home or in a comfortable location. This alleviates the hassle of traveling to an unknown office, dealing with traffic and parking, etc.
- Disability compatible - Many clients with disabilities or injuries struggle to attend mediation in-person. Our online mediation videoconferencing solution allows these parties to attend without the need to travel, which can create unnecessary stress.
The restrictions of social distancing do not have to stand in the way of confidential, convenient and effective alternative dispute resolution. For further information on how online mediations can work for you, please contact Jennifer Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-365-7230.